The 2019 World Championship qualifiers are well underway, and here’s a few quick updates going on so far…
- Thailand’s Noppon Saengkham currently has a high break of 146, and that’s the 24th 146 in snooker history. Mark Allen and Ronnie O’Sullivan have made 3 146’s in their careers.
- Reanne Evans and Ng On Yee are currently playing their matches with Reanne struggling against China’s Zhang Yong. She’s 7 – 1 down and looks like she won’t be progressing further this time.
- Ng On Yee is nip and tuck with former World Championship semi-finalist Alan McManus…
- Current English Amateur Champion Joe O’Connor breezed past his first-round opponent Joe Swail 10 – 1 awaiting his next round.
- Teenager Jackson Page is three frames behind against the Irishman Fergal O’Brien, who, remember was involved in that longest frame in snooker history of just over two hours in the final round of the qualifiers last time around against now top 16 player David Gilbert.
All matches are best of 19 with first to ten with the 16 players who come through having won three best of 19s will qualify for the Crucible starting on the 20th April.
The current World Champion is Mark Williams (see pic).