Watch: Basic and Advanced Tips for Massaging Your Feet…
WATCH: This guy has given me inspiration to look at my own feet regularly.
Also, this could be useful for snooker players who could benefit from giving their feet a good long rub after a hard day playing on their feet! Maybe it’s an area worth looking into!?
Do-it-yourself foot massage
A professional foot massage is a treat, but not necessary to get the benefits. Here is a guide to a do-it-yourself foot massage:
- Sit in a comfortable chair. Bend your left leg and rest your left foot gently on your right thigh.
- Pour some skin lotion or oil into your hand. Rub it gently into your foot and massage your whole foot including the toes, arch, and heel.
- Do a deeper massage. Press the knuckles of your right hand into your left foot. Knead your foot as you would bread. Or work the skin and muscles by holding a foot with both hands and pressing your thumbs into the skin.
- Using your hands, gently pull the toes back and forth or apart. This stretches the muscles underneath.
- Repeat on the other foot.
Massage devices in local drugstores or health stores can also help relax and restore your feet. Foot rollers are low-tech devices that can provide fast foot massages at home or at work. Simply remove your shoes, and roll your feel over the massagers for a quick pick-me-up.