Champion of Champions runner-up Kyren Wilson has responded to calls there should have been a day’s grace before traveling from Coventry to Belfast and playing in the northern Ireland Open the next day.
Wilson, who lost to Ronnie O’Sullivan responded in a tweet and said he did think his game on Monday night, in which he lost to Lee Walker should have been moved to Tuesday minimum, but, for whatever reason, it wasn’t.
However, the 26-year-old from Kettering, added: “OK, I’m 26, but what this game takes out of you mentally is draining!”
My thoughts on the last few days pic.twitter.com/pAqEixU7t7
— Kyren Wilson (@KyrenWilson) November 13, 2018
He also said that now was a good a time as any to become a snooker player – singing Barry Hearn’s praises but said there were a few issues that needed ironing out.
The tweet came after Ronnie O’Sullivan had a rant on Twitter about the game and the state of it, regarding venues, prize money, and the World Snooker chief himself Barry Hearn.
O’Sullivan, who won his third Champion of Champions title last weekend, narrowly beating Wilson in the final 10 – 9, pocketed 100K in 7 days at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry.
The furore comes as a string of top players departed the Northern Irish Open early, including Barry Hawkins, Mark Allen and Kyren Wilson, all who played last week in Coventry.
Four-times World Champion John Higgins also exited Belfast after losing to Rory McLeod who looked a little jaded.
The season comes thick and fast this time of year as there are competitions right up until Christmas, including the NI Open, the UK Championship and the Scottish Open.